Monday, November 1, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog?

That is the question...

I've been extremely unsuccessful at my attempts to blog in the past. I either just forget to blog or conclude that my life isn't interesting enough to share with the world. Despite my past blogging failures I've decided to give it another shot. The difference is that this time I have made a personal commitment to myself to take part in VeganMoFo 2010 (The Vegan Month of Food). What better day to start than today, World Vegan Day!

VeganMoFo was originally created on the Post Punk Kitchen website with the idea of blogging as much as possible about vegans foods for a whole month. This is the Forth Annual VeganMoFo Challenge and there are already about 560 blogs signed up to take part in the fun with the official deadline tomorrow. I got in right under the deadline and have already completed my first "MoFo" act. A super fast and easy vegetable pasta that my boyfriend loves and begs for on a weekly basis.


VeganMoFo Day 1!


Easy Peasy Garlic Veggies and Shells


Ingredients
8 oz shells or other fun pasta
16 oz frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli)
1 small head of garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, finely chopped (optional)
1/2 cup vegan butter/margarine of choice (add more or less if needed)
1/4 tsp ground black peeper
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash Original Blend (or other seasoning blend of your choice)

To Prepare
In a medium saucepan with lid, boil noodles for about 5 minutes (just under al dente). Drain noodles and pour into another bowl. Set aside.

Rinse out saucepan and add the butter, garlic, and onions over medium heat. Saute the garlic and onions until aromatic and lightly browned. Add the frozen veggies, cover, and cook for about 5 minutes until tender. Pour in the noodles. Stir well to coat the noodles with the garlic butter veggie mixture. Put lid on the pot and let marinate over heat for about 5 more minutes.

Stir and serve. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment