Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fun with Cupcakes - Easter 2011

I'm a sucker for Easter and all the pretty pastel colors it brings, it's the perfect time for making cupcakes. This year I experimented with two different kinds. The first one I like to call the "Easter Bunny Surprise" cupcake. It is a vanilla cupcake colored green like grass with vegan jelly beans hidden in the center. I chose to put them in after they baked so that they would come pouring out when you bite in, like the Easter Bunny hid them there for you to find. :) This cupcake is topped with yellow butter cream frosting, sand sugar, a cotton candy "bunny tail" fluff, and a lone jelly bean. They were really fun to make and even more fun to watch people eat.

Next up I took inspiration from Bake It In a Cake (which is a super fun website), and made some Fruity Pebble cupcakes. I made the basic Golden Vanilla cupcakes from VCTOTW, but stirred in about 2 cups full of Fruity pebbles, then topped with butter cream frosting, also from VCTOTW, and dipped into more fruity pebbles.

It was a fun day in the kitchen. The only bummer was that my cotton candy bunny tails starting dissolving as soon as I put them on the cupcakes. So if you ever decide to makes these, I would recommend putting the cotton candy fluff on right before you serve them. or maybe it was the fact that it was about 95 degrees here on Easter...


Easter Bunny Surprise Cupcakes









Fruity Pebble Cupcakes







What fun things did you make this Easter?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, that's everything I could ever want in an Easter cupcake. I love the bunny cotton tails :) and fruity pebbles was my childhood crack along with apple jacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fruity Pebbles are such a good idea! It's like crunchy sugar-confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun cupcakes! I didn't make anything for Easter.... but I had a fun day! :)

    I'll be making some cupcakes for a potluck at work tomorrow night, which always go over well. My co-workers can't get enough of the buttercream frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! You have me totally craving cupcakes now! I love that you used fruity pebbles,they used to be my favorite ceral when I was a kid. :) Looks like my next sweet treats to make are going to be cupcakes. I got VCTOTW for Christmas and haven't made anything from it yet....crazy isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHMY. these cupcakes look sooo yummy!
    espesh the pebbles ones!! :O
    LOVE your blog x

    ReplyDelete